- Download and install the driver from dev.mysql.com
- Download and install the ODBC Administrator from iodbc.org
- Open the ODBC app and click on “System DSN”
- Click “Add” and choose the appropriate driver
- Name your source and add Keyword/Value pairs like this
- HOST: server IP or domain
- USER: username
- PASSWORD: password
- DATABASE: dbname
Apple greatly simplified the ability to show hidden files with the release of macOS Sierra.
CMD + SHIFT + .
If you’re looking for a way to show your hidden files in Yosemite (Apples latest OS as of March 2015 — OSX 10.10). All you have to do, is change a setting for Finder and then relaunch Finder. This can be done with aa couple of very simple terminal commands.
- Open terminal
- Type the code below and hit return
defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE
- Then type this and hit return again
When you’ve had enough of seeing all your hidden files just reverse it!
- Open Terminal back up
- Type this and hit return
defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles FLASE
- Type this hit return and you’re back to normal!